This financial aid is a onetime support for those who are in dire financial stress and have no other avenue. To avail this aid, the deceased expatriate should have been a legal resident or employee at the country where he/she had passed away. This help is granted to legal heirs of NRKs for repatriation by air or rail, whichever is more economical. This support is extended only in the instances of extreme financial distress where his/her legal heirs does not have any other avenue of support.
Details of financial assistance
|Death abroad||Upto Rs. 50,000|
|Death within India , but outside Kerala||Upto Rs. 15,000|
Who is eligible?
- For those who expired while being abroad or in any Indian state outside Kerala
- Those who died in a foreign country should have had a valid passport.
- The deceased should be a legal resident or an employee in a foreign country.
- In case of the deceased being within India but outside Kerala, he/she should have moved out for employment or work related activities.
Documents needed to apply. (As scanned Jpges)
- Cancelled Indian passport
- Death Certificate
- Work Permit
- Proof of relationship of applicant
- Proof of income
- Identity card of the election commission
- Legal heirship certificate
- Certificate from the institution, Company or sponsor of the deceased NRKs worked that they have not paid any charge for the preparation or transportation of the dead body.
- Bills for embalming, mortuary charges, hospital charges and transportation
- Document confirming that the amount was met personally by the applicant.
- In case of NRK outside Kerala but within India, certificate of residence from the appropriate state government is to be produced.