Details of financial assistance
|Death abroad||Upto Rs. 50,000|
|Death within India , but outside Kerala||Upto Rs. 15,000|
Who is eligible?
- For those who expired while being abroad or in any Indian state outside Kerala
- Those who died in a foreign country should have had a valid passport.
- The deceased should be a legal resident or an employee in a foreign country.
- In case of the deceased being within India but outside Kerala, he/she should have moved out for employment or work related activities.
Documents needed to apply. (As scanned Jpges)
- Cancelled Indian passport
- Death Certificate
- Work Permit
- Proof of relationship of applicant
- Proof of income
- Identity card of the election commission
- Legal heirship certificate
- Certificate from the institution, Company or sponsor of the deceased NRKs worked that they have not paid any charge for the preparation or transportation of the dead body.
- Bills for embalming, mortuary charges, hospital charges and transportation
- Document confirming that the amount was met personally by the applicant.
- In case of NRK outside Kerala but within India, certificate of residence from the appropriate state government is to be produced.